In everything we do, we try to follow these guiding principles.
The first two often lend themselves to nice circularity if some creative thinking is applied.
1. Minimise waste and reuse where possible
2. Minimise external inputs and source locally where possible, even if this is sometimes more expensive
3. Feed ourselves (and our immediate community) first
4. Build sustainability into systems and processes – if we or the land cannot keep producing in the same way from the same inputs year in year out without detriment, why do it at all?
5. Restore and regenerate the land as we produce
5. Consider aesthetics so that we and others can enjoy the landscape and built environment
6. Keep improving through incremental changes
7. Enjoy what we do, at least most of the time!